WELCOME to Bacon County
Welcome to Alma and Bacon County, Georgia – a great place to live and an even greater place to do business. Location, infrastructure, and incentives are the building blocks of success for industry here!
- Only 1 hour west of the Port of Brunswick, Georgia, 2 hours southwest of the Port of Savannah, and 4 hours south of Atlanta, Georgia
- In the #1 state for business
- Available, affordable buildings and developable sites
- An educated workforce with a high work ethic
- Ad valorem tax abatements on city, county and school taxes based on job creation and investment
- Freeport exemption on work-in-process, raw materials, and finished goods
- State-sponsored labor recruitment and training programs
- Strong, local banking institutions for assistance in financing
Our business services and industry amenities mean nothing without a desirable quality of life to support it, and we have that, too. Alma-Bacon County is a friendly, inclusive community offering quality housing, fine educational opportunities, a wealth of outdoor recreation amid beautiful, natural surroundings, and high-quality healthcare from providers who care about each patient – because they are also their neighbors.
Business, industry, entrepreneurs, visitors, and families have chosen Bacon County, Georgia time after time. We invite you to explore on this website the pro-business environment, exceptional access, superior workforce, and overall quality of life that Alma-Bacon County, Georgia offers. Then, give us a call at 912-632-5859 to learn more about how your business, your employees, and your family can grow and prosper in Bacon County.